What is Collagen & what does it do?
Collagen is the most abundant structural protein in the human body. The function is basically to ‘keep our cells together’ as most tissues are supported by Collagen fibres.
Collagen has great tensile strength and is one of the main components of our skin, muscles, bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, nails, hair and eyes.
As we age, we gradually lose this natural supply. The depletion of Collagen is the main reason for the formation of fine lines, wrinkles, muscle-sagging and ageing. Supplementation of Collagen becomes increasingly important with age to maintain the health of our joints and other internal organs and in the process, also enhancing the aesthetics.
Research further indicates that collagen supplementation improves immunity, building of muscle mass and protects against UV induced damage.
INJA Life Collagen has 8 out of the 9 essential amino acids and 3 non essential amino acids.
What are the main sources of Collagen peptide & which is the best?
Collagen peptide is usually extracted from the skin of pigs (Porcine Collagen), cattle (Bovine Collagen) or from the skin and scale of fish (Marine Collagen).
Within the above, Collagen derived from Fish (Marine Collagen) is considered easier to digest while enjoying faster absorption due to its low molecular weight and high bioavailability. Moreover, it is deemed safer than Collagen from animals due the absence of diseases that normally may affect mammals. As an additional benefit, fish collagen does not have any foul odour and mixes perfectly with almost any drink while increasing Skin Elasticity, Hydration and Wrinkles smoothing.
Inja Life Collagen is 100% Natural, Marine Collagen from Japan.
For whom is Collagen recommended?
Collagen is recommended for people who:
- Want a quick boost of health in their daily lifestyle.
- Want to add beauty in their life.
- Want to keep a moisturized skin that glows and looks rich.
- Can’t exercise and want a supplement to strengthen joints.
- Do not consume enough protein through their regular diet or want to increase their intake to improve their health and appearance.
- Are concerned about lifestyle imbalances and want to enrich their diets with a simple but effective supplement.
- Are interested in losing weight
- Exercise, work-out or engage in sports and wish to take a natural protein supplement.
- Have an important meeting, interview, event, date, wedding, etc and want to increase their confidence by looking lighter and brighter on the big day.